Encouraging Children to be More Independent in Learning and Life.
We now have four Whingate Superheroes!
* Resourceful Ray
* Reflective Rita
* Resilient Reggie
* Responsible Robyn
We want to encourage children to aspire:
To be a Resourceful Ray:
• Try different ways to solve your problems;
• Try to find the answers for yourself;
• Take responsibility for organising yourself.
To be a Reflective Rita:
• Think about problems before asking for help;
• Work out answers for yourself by trying out different ideas;
• Try to work out where you have gone wrong and how to improve.
To be a Resilient Reggie:
• Keep going and do not give in easily, even when things are difficult;
• See mistakes as a way of learning and improving;
• Maintain a positive attitude.
To be a Responsible Robyn:
- Make sure that you look after your belongings;
- Think about the ways that you could improve your learning;
- Take responsibility for your own behaviour.