What Training have staff had, or are undertaking to support children with special needs?
The Deputy Head teacher is the Continuing Professional Development Coordinator (CPD) for the school.
The SENCO is responsible for updating staff and TA training needs around SEND.
Currently we have staff trained in:
- Dyslexia and Irlens Screening
- Aspergers and Autism Awareness (levels 2 and 3 for key staff)
- Child Designated Protection Officers
- Active Literacy Kit Programme.
- Lexia Reading Intervention
- Speech and Language programmes, under the direction of the Speech and Language Therapist
- Social and Emotional Learning Conversations