Useful web links to a list of resources that Leeds City Council have recommended for parents of children with additional needs:
Link to Leeds City Council's Free School Meals Application Please check this if your circumstances have changed): https://www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/council-tax-and-benefits/free-school-meals
New Guidance for families in other languages:
Easy-read guidance on social distancing and for vulnerable people in Arabic, Bengali, Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati, French, Polish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Welsh
Warning from LCC re: HouseParty app - this is not an appropriate app for children to be using and poses a huge risk to their safety. More information can be found by following this link: https://www.ineqe.com/2020/03/30/houseparty-how-safe-is-the-app-taking-the-uk-by-storm/
- If you or anyone in your household displays symptoms of Coronavirus (a temperature of 37.8 or above, or a new continuous cough - this means you've started coughing repeatedly), you must all stay at home and self-isolate for 14 days. Please inform school if this is the case.
- Do not go to a GP or pharmacist.
- Only use the NHS online 111 service if: -you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home -your condition gets worse - your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
- Only call 111 if you cannot get help online
- SCAM ALERT - West Yorkshire Police have asked us to alert you to a scam which has been circulating. Fraudsters are asking parents of children entitled to Free School Meals to send their bank details to schools to help them with funding while they are closed. School will never ask for your bank details via email or via text. Please be careful about who you give your bank details to and ask for advice if you need it.
Below you will find:
- Our most up to date school messages/communications
- A link to our home learning section with ideas for those children who are currently staying at home
- Links to the latest Government guidelines on 'Staying at Home' at 'Social Distancing for Vulnerable People'
- A link to the latest information from the charity Asthma UK
- A link to guidance on supporting your child and your family's mental health at this time
- A YouTube video from the NHS about mental health at this time
- A 'social story', provided by our speech and language therapist which can be used to support children with Special Educational Needs to understand self-isolation
Please email the form below to school ASAP if you are expecting your child to be in school during school closure due to 'key worker' status:
Latest Government Advice on 'Staying at Home':
Guidance on supporting your family's mental health and helping children to understand what is happening:
Latest Government Advice on 'Social Distancing for Vulnerable People':
Information relating specifically to children begins at around 12 minutes:
A story to help children to understand what is going on: