What support will there be for my child’s overall well-being?
Support we can provide in school may include:
- Nurture groups
- Emotional Literacy Sessions
- Self-confidence building
- Circle Times and Social Emotional Aspects of Learning
- Social skills and friendship groups
- Behaviour programmes and plans which involve pupils in reflecting on their own behaviour choices
- Medicines can be administered in school with signed parental permission. There are nominated first aiders in school and several members of the staff have first aid qualifications. If your child has significant medical needs you will need to speak to the Inclusion and Family Support Manager to discuss how we can best support you and your child. This may include drawing up a Health Care Plan.
- The class teacher has responsibility for the overall well-being of every child in their class. If you have any worries speak to the class teacher first. If further support is required the class teacher will refer this to the Inclusion and Family Support Manager, SENCO or Senior Leadership Team.