How will the school staff support my child?
- Your child’s needs will be met within the class, supported by a highly differentiated curriculum and high quality teaching, including lesson planning that takes account of every child’s needs.
- The progress and specific needs of all children are reviewed regularly.
- The school offers a graduated response to your child’s needs. We have a number of highly specialised and trained staff as well as a range of resources and support to meet specific needs.
- Your child’s needs may require small group targeted specialised teaching support and additional interventions for core curriculum subjects such as: English and Mathematics ( Wave 2 interventions) These interventions will be carefully planned and evaluated half-termly to ensure your child makes progress.
- The class teacher will develop a plan for your child with the SENCO or Inclusion Manager, setting appropriate targets. This will be reviewed three times a year to ensure that the support remains appropriate.
- Where necessary an individual programme of support may be used and progress monitored and evaluated termly. (Wave 3 interventions)
- The school reviews all children’s needs six times a year through pupil progress meetings where the Senior Leadership Team and class teachers meet to review your child’s support and progress.
- Where necessary the school may seek support from outside agencies and services. This will be discussed with you and a referral made.
- The governing body is responsible for ensuring that funding is used appropriately, and for monitoring teaching and accessibility. There is a designated SEN Governor who works with the Senior Leadership Team. The SENCO is a qualified Special Educational Needs Coordinator and works with the Child and Family Support Manager with Inclusion.
Please click the link to return to the SEND offer: