How does the school know if my child needs extra help?
We have a number of monitoring systems and assessments in place to help us identify if a child needs extra help. These include:
- Information from your child’s pre-school or previous school
- Transition visits made by the teacher, Inclusion Family Support Worker and/ or SENCO.
- Class teacher visits to the feeder schools to observe your child and speak to key staff and keyworkers
- Transition days where the teacher, Deputy Heads, Assistant Head, Inclusion team and the SENCO may make observations throughout the day and continue to discuss your child’s additional needs with parents; key staff and any outside agencies that may be involved.
- Information from other services who have worked with your child, for example a speech and language therapist.
Please click the link to return to the SEND offer: