Encouraging Children to be More Independent in Learning and Life.
We have invented new Whingate Heroes!
* Resourceful Ray
* Reflective Rita
* Resilient Reggie
We want to encourage children to be:
• to try different ways to solve their problems;
• to try to find the answers for themselves;
• to take responsibility for organising themselves.
• to think about problems before asking for help;
• to work out answers for themselves;
•to work out where they have gone wrong and how to get better.
• to keep going and not give in easily;
• to see mistakes as a way of learning and improving;
• to be tough when the going gets tough.